Summer Discussion Series: Part 2


As promised, here is the second part of my Summer Discussion Series. This month, Mrs. Rippole and I talked about FFA, a youth organization that promotes leadership and agricultural literacy.

In an effort to explore platforms for digital learning, I have summarized my discussion in a Buncee presentation. You can even leave a comment on the presentation. I would love to hear your thoughts about how in-person FFA events could be made digital!


To view my Buncee, click here!

The thing that stuck out to me the most was the emphasis placed on coaching CDEs during class time. At Derry, Mrs. Rippole and Mr. Campbell do not stress afterschool practices until closer to the competition. This is because they recognize students are involved in many other activities like sports, band, and/or hold part-time jobs. This makes scheduling a time that works for everyone difficult. To combat this challenge the redirect their time and energy to teaching CDEs in class, which also works to their advantage by involving more students. 

Stay tuned for next month's discussion about instructional planning!

Comments